Thursday, October 13, 2011

Well, today it is a gloomy fall day. Oct. 13, 2011. 51 degrees at 11:20 am. 
Today, I think I have decided to start a blog with pictures for the Schlader side of the family. I hope some photos will be identified. 
I talked to Nena today and she said Brooke fell off the balance beam yesterday in gymnastics and hurt her arm. Then someone bumped into her on the way out and it started hurting worse. Todd took xrays. So will see what the outcome is. Poor little honey. She is so active and athletic. 
Sofie got lost at Kohl's department store! Her and Nena were going over to check out something and Nena looked to check on her progress and she was gone. She couldn't find her. Panic mounting, she went to the other girls and told them to look for Sofie. As Nena was working her way up to the front of the store trying to decide who to approach first, a voice came over the loudspeaker saying "would Nena Newman please come back to the service desk." She went back and there was Sofie.  The lady told her Sofie was very good and knew just what she should. She was standing in line waiting for her turn. When it was her turn she said, "my name is Sofie Newman and my mom is lost." What a hoot!  Thank God all was all right. I remember when Kenny and Nena were little and we had them out trick or treating down by the lake. Larry told them when he dropped them off that he would pick them up at the next house. Evidently they weren't listening. He was waiting and waiting and then he seen them coming.  He asked what took them so long and one of them answered "Oh Daddy, we thought you were lost!"  Guess a lot of parents have that trouble~ha ha.  Too bad I can't type as fast as I can talk! I think I need a thingy to transcribe what I say. The ipad has one. I tried it out..oh how funny that was how it interpreted what I said!!
Logan, Maggie and Nanc were here for a few minutes yesterday. Maggie is ready to move back from the island. Think it is getting pretty cold traveling across the water to come and go to school. I suppose it won't be long and they will have to move back.
Well, that's it for today. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment